Sunday, December 11, 2016

Stitching and the art of orchids

As for everybody right now, the world is busy and focused. I am trying to finish a couple of commissions before the end of the year and they are taking a fair bit of dedicated time. Which I may say, is kind of hard to find in amongst our other commitments to places and people, but slowly slowly we will get there.

So I don't have much to show for my art at the moment, which is why this blog post is all about the art of my dad's orchids, with a little bit of stitching.


My dad is an amazing grower of orchids. He tries to always have at least a couple in bloom all year round and at the moment, they are excelling themselves.

They always make me smile when we visit.

This tiny wee white one is a stunner. The flowers are about 1-1.5cm long.



Lots of lovely gorgeousness to go around...







Dad has the art of growing orchids down pat; I think it's best if I don't try to emulate him but just stick to my own art and just enjoy the results of his!


6 comments:

  1. beautiful stitching and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo - I do love the both; the flowers are such a delight; and the stitching is a good rhythm to have in my days. Go well.

      Delete
  2. He certainly does have orchid growing off pat. These are beautiful.That magenta is so striking but the small white one is exquisite. Clever man. Clever offspring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can safely say Lesley that I have not inherited the orchid-growing gene; but I delight in their elegant beauty! Go well.

      Delete
  3. What an amazing collection of shapes & colors - I had no idea that orchids came in such a diverse range of packages! (I love the first one.) They must bring much joy to all who have a chance to see them.
    It has been delightful to look/read through some of the many things you have been up to lately, Fiona. And may the multiple projects you are currently busy juggling soon come to a harmonious conclusion (leaving plenty of time & space for new creative energy)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - the orchids are a constant source of amazement to me. And thanks for your support for all the random things I have on the go at the moment - looking forward to quiet and creative times ahead. Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.