Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Peace in the breeze...

During the Open Studios on the weekend, we gave away peace book marks but also asked folk to write messages of peace on the weather-grams I had made, and to hang them in the trees on the way out.

Quite a few people contributed and we now have weather-grams in the first tree, in the avocado tree and I found another couple in a third tree this morning!

Peace is drifting in the breeze on our mountain top, and also managed to make it thru the gentle rain we had yesterday and overnight.

I took some photos this morning in the mist - it adds a lovely dimension to them I think.



Here is one of the ones I found in the other tree this morning...


 And here is peace in amongst the avocados - love the fresh new flowers and and the dangling avo.


We have peace in other languages...


Fresh buds of peace...



And the wisps left behind after peace has drifted off somewhere...


I love the installation they are creating, the way others are adding their messages and how gentle the message is.  Thank you Mary Jane for the Flags for Peace project, it is a gift to many.



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Love the shots in the mist. Autume leaves are stating to fall over here. I'm going to imagine each one has message written on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie - I like the idea of messages on all those falling leaves - how hopeful.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos...suits the whole concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo - the images and the purpose match well I think...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie, I'm glad I captured the misty ones as we are back in blazing sunshine today. The mist was a lovely companion to them...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Velma. I have been leaving comments over your way but blogger must be eating them...sorry about that, I'll keep trying!

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh. This is wonderful. I'm a day late to the peace party, but as you said on another blog, we should strive for peace 24/7/365. Love the visuals of your peace tree and the conversations and contributions it inspires. I'll be back to visit your blog again and again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leslie- it's never too late for a peace party! I'm glad you enjoyed the story of the weather-gram peace flags...there have been lots of lovely conversations about the peace tree sprouting message of peace and hope.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.