Thursday, December 15, 2016

Thursday Thoughts...

“The trouble is, you think you have time.” 

 Buddha

It is a thought worth pondering I think as we consider how best to use our precious time. Not only in  the big things of life, but also in the little things along the way, as I look back over the year since my mum died.

The words here ring with an edge of regret, a hollowness, or loss; of not taking opportunities.  I am not sure you can really live successfully with regret; but I think the words are helpful in terms of guiding or shaping some of our day to day decisions.

In typical fashion I head to the middle on this idea; I don't honestly believe you throw everything up in the air and do whatever you want to do right now, just because something might happen. Nor do I think you just sit there going oh I have plenty of time for everything I want to do or say so I can just put that off.

I do think the words might suggest that if there are important things to do or say, then do or say them now.  If you have a kind thought, then act on it.  Don't necessarily put off the things that matter; but find ways to incorporate them into your life somehow.

None of us ever know when we will run out of time for ourselves, or with others, so I guess it is just about making the time we do have matter.


8 comments:

  1. Great post... for me, that is one of my favorite quotes and it means take time to swoon over plumeria's lined up in a row... I will take that with me all the day long, thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh - time to smell their sweet fragrance Cat; it is so gorgeous isn't it? Glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  2. beautiful thoughts and what a view, I could spend a few years just looking at the ever changing beauty from your verandah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a special place Mo - we never tire of staring out and over the valley...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ahhh V - the best things can be can't they? Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.